![]() |
| I Fagiolini and the English Cornett and Sackbut Ensemble © Monika S Jakubowska (2023) |
Amy Wood (soprano)
Ciara Hendrick (mezzo soprano)
Martha McLorinan (mezzo soprano)
Nicholas Mulroy (tenor)
Hugo Hymas (tenor)
Matthew Long (tenor)
Jacob Ewens (tenor)
Greg Skidmore (baritone)
Sebastian Thomas (barítone)
Charles Gibbs (bass)
Frederick Long (bass)
![]() |
| I Fagiolini & the English Cornett & Sackbut Ensemble © Nick Boston |
Persephone Gibbs (violin)
Rachel Byrt (viola)
Julia Black (viola)
Sarah McMahon (bass violin)
William Hunt (violone)
William Lyons (dulcian/recorder)
Toby Carr (chitarrone)
Lynda Sayce (chitarrone)
Aileen Henry (harp)
Catherine Pierron (organ)
Gawain Glenton (cornett)
Conor Hastings (cornett)
David Brutti (cornett)
Emily White (tenor sackbut)
Tom Lees (tenor sackbut)
Adrian France (bass sackbut)
7.30pm, Friday 18 September, 2026
King's Place, London
★★★★★
Monteverdi, Claudio (1567-1643): Vespro della Beata Vergine, SV 206
'Tenor Nicholas Mulroy was the stand out star of proceedings, his Nigra sum, with Aileen Henry’s beautiful harp accompaniment, a masterclass of controlled virtuosity'.
'It was this bright and more soloistic approach that made for such a consistent flow of interest and variety, whilst their ability to come together as one in the fuller choral sections produced a truly electric energy'.
'The cornetts rippled, the sackbuts glowed, the strings provided bright and nimble energy'.
'(Hollingworth's) lightness of touch yet authoritative beat allowed singers and instrumentalists the space to perform with individuality within a coherent common shape'.
'If I could add a further star, I would'.
Read my full review on Bachtrack here.


No comments:
Post a Comment